Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Living the Effin' Dream

So I hear that certain of Husband's college friends are jealous that we own a home here in Awesome City (or close by, at least) while they are renting somewhere cold and foggy. Well, don't be.

I HATE having a house. Houses are for families with handy men with lots of time to putter, i.e. my parents and probably yours. Husband is not handy nor does he have time or the inclination to wander around fixing stuff. This is where home ownership becomes a giant, expensive pain in the ass. For example, we spent about four hours and $60 fixing our shower so our shower doesn't drip incessantly. And that was with the borrowed tools and expertise of my dad.

Also, our house smells awful. I spilled a giant bucket of water in the living room and I think it has mildewed. Now we will have to live here forever. People will walk out of our open house and say, "That was a really cute house, but what WAS that smell?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raises hand for being jealous of anyone with more than 720 sq feet. I also live somewhere cold and foggy so I must be the culprit!