Monday, June 4, 2007

Dum Dum Da Dum

So we went to a quite fancy wedding this weekend. Here's a scene from the bathroom at Husband's parents' house as we were getting ready...

ME: Ugh, my hair is just not working!
HUSBAND: You look beautiful.
ME: Don't tell me I look good when I don't.
HUSBAND: Your hair looks great.
ME: DON'T LIE TO ME! I know you are lying.
HUSBAND: Um, sorry.
WIFE: [Turns on hair dryer.]

Poor guy. Momentary hair crisis aside, the wedding was very nice and I could tell that Husband was really excited to see all his college friends in one place, an event unlikely to happen again soon as there are no more weddings on the immediate horizon. It's a shame because I have grown to quite enjoy Husband's friends, who have been very welcoming to me. Husband and I even danced. That is only the second time that has ever happened, the first being our own wedding. I think the bottomless wine glass had something to do with it.

No comments: