Monday, February 26, 2007

I should go journal about my journey. Or maybe just barf.

As I have mentioned, Husband and I have been going to the gym lately, and I am also doing Weight Watchers (again). This time I'm doing it online because I got tired of going to meetings and listening to morbidly obese women argue about the points value of a cup of baby carrots. Is it one or zero? Cause eating carrots is definitely what made it so they can't see their feet. Also I don't enjoy listening to poems written from the perspective of a chocolate chip cookie that doesn't want me to eat it.

I chose Monday as my weigh-in day to force me not to eat Cheetos all weekend, and it's generally been working. What has not been working, unfortunately, is exercise. It seems to have thrown my body into a state of panic because I have never ever in my life managed to exercise this regularly for this long. It has engaged some sort of primal instinct, very oh God the mammoths are becoming extinct, must conserve all body fat in a dimply manner on thighs for coming apocalypse.

So today I entered my weight, up 0.4 pounds from last week, and I get this encouraging message...

"GREAT JOB for logging your weight! We notice that you've gained a little this week. You should know that gaining weight every now and then is a natural part of the weight-loss journey. Here are our tips for getting back on track." And then it proceeded to tell me that I can jump start my weight loss by eating less and exercising more, before closing with a very bitchy "Good luck this week. No one likes a fat ass!" Although it's possible that the last part was only in my head. Also, am I the only one who noticed that the disapproving not-quite-smiley, not-quite-frowny face even looks fat? I find that face hostile. I wonder how much weight I would have to gain for it to be an all-out frowny face. And would that face look even fatter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait. eating less and exercising will make you lose weight? who knew? they couldn't give you better advice than that?