Thursday, March 22, 2007

I got a love letter today...

...from a first grader. Here's an excerpt:
"I hope you had a grate day. You are cute. I love you. You are my girl frend."
The other side had a picture of us kissing under a rainbow. After he gave it to me we had an awkwardly long hug. And I didn't know what to do to make him stop standing there staring at me so I asked him to pick up trash off the floor. He crawled around for literally 10 minutes and picked up every scrap of paper on the classroom floor. And then he brought me this giant wad of trash, his face a mix of pride and a longing for validation. It kind of reminded me of Husband, which I'm sure he will find offensive, but I sincerely mean that in the most positive way. Also, being a chick is awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh... you're going to get arrested.

Wife said...

Hey, it was very one-sided. At least until I realized I could get him to do stuff for me. Still, I have no desire to kiss him under a rainbow.

On a side note, this kid must have issues because the class was horrible yesterday (no recess all week) and I yelled A LOT. And apparently he found that "cute." You gotta wonder what he sees at home. Ick.