Monday, May 21, 2007

I have a job

It is not my ideal job, but it is a job, and that's fantastic. Mostly because it means I can stop looking for a damn job. But it is in my chosen district, so if I hate it I can always transfer (or get pregnant!). Husband is annoyed because I had multiple offers and in his world I could leverage that and get paid a buttload of money. But in my world it just means that I don't have to look for a job anymore. Did I mention that?

Husband is all cute about it. I called and told him so he left work early to go on "errands" he wouldn't share with me. I asked if he was at the diamond store and he said no. He did go buy me a CD, some really pretty flowers, wine, and all the stuff to make twice-baked-potatoes. Now he's wearing his Longhorn apron and making me dinner. I think he's also celebrating the beginning of combined household income.

Hey, does anyone need 99 plain white 9x13 envelopes? I bought a box of 100 to send out resumes and I've used exactly one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting a job! Parsingtime

Clinton said...

Husband's such a good husband. When we were roomies, he never did such nice things for me when I had good news. Though he did drag into the bathroom when I was black-out drunk, so I guess that counts for something.

Oh, and congrats on the job, yo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know what a relief it is to have hobbies besides 'looking for a job'! Fear not, if it doesn't work, I'm sure husband will be happy to support you (and make dinner every night).

Anonymous said...

Congrats, this is great news! - Husband #1