Sunday, May 13, 2007

This Weekend

Things that were cool...
  • Husband and I celebrated our first anniversary on Sunday. It is nice to have that whole engaged/wedding/newlywed period of our lives behind us. Also, it's nice to have some distance between me and the wedding so I can look back on it with fond memories instead of with obsessive anger toward that bitch florist who screwed up the flowers and other inconsequential catastrophies of the day.
  • We went out to the country for the weekend. It sounds more fun to say "out to the country," but really it was Bastrop. It was nice to drive away on Friday night and not worry about piles of laundry and papers to grade all weekend.
  • We drank a lot and slept a lot. Coincidence?
Things that were not cool...
  • We got spa treatments on our trip. This should have been a thing that was cool, but it wasn't. First I had a frustrating discussion with the massage therapist about whether or not I could have the treatment I had booked. It wasn't really an arguement, but one of those conversations that went around and around and around because the other party lacks basic reasoning skills. And then during the massage she kept asking me if I was thinking relaxing thoughts, but with a decidedly accusatory tone, as if she could tell I wasn't. She asked this every time I coughed. So during my massage I thought two thoughts, neither of which were relaxing: "Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap I can't think of anything relaxing," and, "Don'tcoughDon'tcoughDon'tcoughDon'tcough."
  • Husband and I came home to find all that laundry and work we had so breezily tossed in the middle of the living room floor before we left, so we ordered pizza tonight instead of cooking dinner. This was ill-advised, especially after a weekend of eating junk food non-stop. Husband threw away the leftover pizza but for some reason left the cheese sticks on the table. There was more than half an order from Papa John's left, which is a fairly large quantity. We went to the grocery store so I could buy juice and cookies for school tomorrow, and Dog got to the remaining cheese sticks and ate all of them. I am so disgusted, but I think Husband is secretly impressed. I just had to get up mid-post to usher a gagging dog out the back door. Now he is looking at me with sad puppy eyes, but I can't even look back. There is a distinctive cheese stick smell coming from his direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We unpacked on our first anniversary...not as exciting as sketchy massages. ~Parsingtime