Saturday, February 17, 2007

He can't get away with this by saying, "Well, I'm really more of a visual person."

A conversation that occurred in our kitchen this morning...
HUSBAND: Is there a message on the machine? [begins playing message before I can reply]
WIFE: Yeah, that's an old message from that lady who wants me to sub for her and I saved it so I can write down her numbers.
ANSWERING MACHINE: BEEEEEEP!! Message deleted.
WIFE: Did you just delete it?
HUSBAND: You said it was an old message, right?
WIFE: Yes, right before I said that I am saving it so I can write down her number.
HUSBAND: [A string of apologies that, while appreciated, will not unerase my message.]

And later as we were cleaning out the garage...
WIFE: Okay, here's a big black trash bag for all the trash.
HUSBAND: Great idea!
[30 seconds later Husband is walking toward big trash can with handful of packing peanuts, etc.]
WIFE: Is that trash?
HUSBAND: Yeah.
WIFE: Well, why don't you put it in the bag? If you put it in there loose it just ends up all over the street when they dump the big trash can.
HUSBAND: Well, can you go get me a bag out of the kitchen then?
WIFE: Are you serious?!
HUSBAND: [confused look] Well, I guess I can go get one myself. Geez.

Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if Husband is EVER actually listening when I talk.

1 comment:

Clinton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.