Monday, February 12, 2007

Ridiculous Dog

Husband and I make up songs to sing to our pets. Sometimes we rewrite lyrics of current pop songs. It started with Cat and the classics "Get down Cat, go 'head get down. Uh!" (a la "Gold Digger") when she is on top of the wobbly bookshelf and "You're my naughty cat. Meow!" (shout out to my girl Beyonce!!!) pretty much every other moment of the day. Lately we've added "She's just so gray and furry, j-j-just so gray and furry" to the tune of "Ridin' Dirty" (or "White and Nerdy").

Anyway, this evening husband wanted to play me a sweet song mentioned on a friend's blog. As often happens in our household, Husband's suggestion reminded me of something else I find more interesting because it was my idea. And, ACTION!

HUSBAND: Hey, c'mere so I can play you that John Mayer song.
WIFE: Okay. Oh, look at our cute dog! Oooh, ooh! [singing] Ridiculous dog, I love you so much, your tummy's so fat, you're so furry. [cue dancing] Bomp bomp bomp ba da da domp, bomp bomp bomp ba da da domp.
HUSBAND: You done?
WIFE: I need to play you that horrible Nelly Furtado song.
HUSBAND: But I have John Mayer all cued up.
WIFE: [singing and starting up laptop] Ridiculous dog, I love you so much...
HUSBAND: [dejected look]
WIFE: But I need to play it for you because I'm making up a song for the dog. It's called "Promiscuous Girl" but I changed it to "Ridiculous Dog." See?!
HUSBAND: [blank stare]

And, Scene.

Side note: What the hell happened to Nelly Furtado? Crying on the inside people, crying on the inside. Click on the photo to jump to a post on Go Fug Yourself, one of my favorite websites.

No comments: